Attorney Kristen R. Dorion is a family law attorney in Gorham, Maine. Her office is located at 230 Main Street in Gorham Village.
Her law practice mostly focuses on family law litigation, criminal defense, and basic estate planning services.
Attorney Dorion represents family law clients primarily in Cumberland County Courts (Portland, Bridgton, West Bath), but also in York County Courts (Springvale, and Biddeford).
With respect to family law litigation, she represents clients in:
- Divorces with or without children
- Including issues of spousal support, asset and debt distribution, real estate valuation, small business valuation, etc.
- Parental Rights and Responsibilities
- Including issues of child support, child support arrears, guideline support, deviation from guideline support, child visitation and primary residency, or “custody”
- Judicial separations
- Post Judgment Motions (Motions to Modify and Motions to Enforce)
- Pre-Marital Agreements (or “Pre-Nups”)
Attorney Dorion’s interest in family law developed during law school when she was selected for a public interest law fellowship with the Maine Volunteer Lawyer’s Project. There, she served as a Family Law Advocate. She then practiced as a student attorney at the Cumberland Legal Aid Clinic in Portland, Maine, where she represented clients in family law matters. After being admitted to the Maine Bar, she was an associate attorney at a general practice firm, where she represented clients in a wide array of practice areas. Based upon those collective experiences, Attorney Dorion started her own practice in Gorham. Every single day, she helps clients navigate through the court system in the areas of law that she is most passionate about. She strives to bring quality and compassionate representation to clients in the greater Portland area at affordable rates.